Chelate 100 is an aqueous solution of the tetrasodium salt of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), technical grade. the most versatile and widely used chelant for controlling metal ions over a broad pH range.
- is usually the first chelating agent considered for a metal ion control application
- is completely miscible with water
- is not affected by extreme conditions of temperature, acidity, or basicity, and is inert to most chemicals
- chelates calcium and the other alkaline earth metals in the pH range above 6.0
- chelates ferric iron in the pH range below 8.0